International Adoption Assessment
First and foremost, I want to congratulate you on going on this wonderful adventure your have embarked on. You are making a wonderful, selfless decision in opening your home to a child (or children) in need. As you go through the international adoption process, it can become very time-consuming and stressful. However, through our office, we will do everything possible to make the psychological assessment portion of your international adoption as stress-free, convenient, and simple as possible.
Your international adoption can be completed either in our office or as a tele-mental health appointment completed wherever you are in the world. The assessment process includes a few simple steps
- Contact our office directly and schedule your appointment for either an in office clinical interview or a tele-mental health interview.
- After appointment is scheduled, we will email you required paperwork and assessments to complete prior to your assessment.
- On the day of the clinical interviews, each parent will be interviewed separately. The goal of the interview is to obtain a general mental health assessment, background information, and assessment of your parenting experiences and approach to parenting.
- After your clinical interviews have been completed, I will score your psychological testing and review the results. If the psychological testing results cause me to have more clinical questions, I will call you and review those issues directly over the telephone.
- Within one week of completing your interview and psychological testing, I will mail a copy of my report directly to your and your adoption agency. You will have two weeks to review the document for me to correct any inaccuracies or typos.
We do our best to keep the costs of your assessment as low as possible. We understand that bringing a new child or children into your family can become a very expensive endeavor. That is why we keep our assessment costs low at $1000 per family. That fee includes the interviews of both parents, any required psychological testing, and the preparation and delivery of the psychological assessment report. The evaluation fee is to be paid at the time you schedule your appointment.
Are You Ready To Schedule ?
To schedule your appointment, please call our office at (260) 459-2900 or email us at email@example.com. When you call our office, we will need to know what adoption agency you are working with, what country you are adopting from, your mailing address, email address, and method of payment. Our staff will work to find the perfect appointment time that fits within your busy schedule to complete this assessment in plenty of time to meet the needs of your adoption agency.
We applaud you and your willingness to open your home the child in need. We look forward to speaking to and assisting you in any way possible.